Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Intellbrite LED into Anthony Niche fixture.

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair Intellbrite LED into Anthony Niche fixture.

Hi all:
    I need to replace the 120v Anthony niche light in my pool and I read in another forum where one could use the Pentair Intellbrite LED unit.
    The trick is to replace the larger Pentair face ring with the old Anthony face ring to make it fit. The unit I'm looking at is the Pentair Intellbrite 601306 500w(equivalent).

Has anyone done this? Any other retrofit experiences?
    Anthony Pool, 35k gal plaster, DE (1.5hp Ultraflow), Rainbow 320, Dolphin Diagnostic 2001 (Advantage) & Polaris, Retrofitted Anthony mod #20 120v Niche light with Pentair 5G & adapter ring, 70's build / recoped and plastered 1.5 years ago

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair Intellbrite LED into Anthony Niche fixture.

Hey - it can be done - the previous owners did it last year. Its a model 21 niche and they pentair led 5g in there. Side note - wish I would have known they replaced the lights before I installed dimmer on the light and blew the transformer. I am in the process now of replacing that light.... (Removing the cord is another issue)
    35000 gallon inground, 2hp Whisperflo, Pentair FNS Plus, Polaris 380

3. Back To Top    #3

I have the model 20 Anthony light. I spoke to Pentair but they really couldn't help and are supposed to call me if they can offer further advice.

They did mention a manufacturer of adapter rings that might work. I spoke to the owner of the company and he recommended one of his adapters. It seems the light model is not what determines which adapter to use. The niche style used at the time of install is the determining factor. I have the later model stainless steel niche. Apparently the older units were made of copper.

I'll post my experience after receiving the light and adapter.
    Anthony Pool, 35k gal plaster, DE (1.5hp Ultraflow), Rainbow 320, Dolphin Diagnostic 2001 (Advantage) & Polaris, Retrofitted Anthony mod #20 120v Niche light with Pentair 5G & adapter ring, 70's build / recoped and plastered 1.5 years ago

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by rickmnj View Post
    I have the model 20 Anthony light. I spoke to Pentair but they really couldn't help and are supposed to call me if they can offer further advice.

They did mention a manufacturer of adapter rings that might work. I spoke to the owner of the company and he recommended one of his adapters. It seems the light model is not what determines which adapter to use. The niche style used at the time of install is the determining factor. I have the later model stainless steel niche. Apparently the older units were made of copper.

I'll post my experience after receiving the light and adapter.
    Is there any update on this? I'm also facing the same dilemma with an Anthony Pool and wanting to install the Intellibrite LED light. What worked? Thanks in advance.