Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Question about shocking w/ bleach for algae

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Question about shocking w/ bleach for algae

    I have a pool that I have been fighting algae in for 2 years now on and off and came across this site, lot of great info. I have ordered the k-2006 kit so I can get the most accurate results when testing. I have 2 dogs the use the pool as a drinking fountain. My question is that when shocking with bleach will it be safe for them to continue drinking/playing in the pool. There is not a fence around the pool so there is no way for me to restrict them unless I lock them in the house all day. What do you think?

  2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad JohnT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    SW Indiana

    Re: Question about shocking w/ bleach for algae

    Welcome to TFP!

    It really isn't safe for dogs to drink pool water at all. The stabilizer is not good for them.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

  3. Back To Top    #3
    Medic3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Re: Question about shocking w/ bleach for algae

    Hello! I would not let them drink out of it while shocking. Keep an eye on them and see what they do. They may not even like to drink the water with a high chlorine content. I am not sure what kind of health risk it would cause but, it cant be healthy. Perhaps a temporary chain or kennel is in order.
    20,000 gal. 27' AGP
    Hayward 18" sand filter with 1 hp Hayward Matrix pump
    A convinced BBB user and TFP fan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts