Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Disassembly of an above ground pool during the week

1. Back To Top    #1

Disassembly of an above ground pool during the week

We have just bought a new Intex Metal frame Pool, and we are going to use it only during weekends. The reason is that there is no one to watch the kids during the week and so for security reasons we decided to dismmantel on Sunday afternoon.

My question is: Is there an easy way to dismount the pool, without doing all the procedure of winter storing, and without damaging it? what are you guys doing?

I have a big unused room that I can use to store the swimming pool, but the door is small so I can not move the swimming pool without dismounting it.

2. Back To Top    #2
    St. John's, Newfoundland

Re: Disassembly of an above ground pool during the week

I somehow don't think this is a serious post. You will use it only during weekends?? On the off chance that it is a serious post I will respond with this:
    How big is the pool? It may take a day or 2 just to fill it. Then it's got to warm up. It's time to take it down before that happens. That's the first thing....not a good idea.
    13'x22'x52" 8,000 gallon ProSeries Pool with Borates
    Intex 110 pound Sand Filter with Zeobrite, 2650 gph pump, 0.95 hp
    Bestway SWG
    AquaPro ECO500 50,000 BTU heat pump
    GLI Whirlwind Solar Cover Reel, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    Cerritos, CA

1. My mind wanders to - if your kids are old enough to be left home alone without someone watching them then they should be able to follow the "don't go in the pool" instructions.

2. Put a fence around it?

3. It is way too much effort to put up and down for just weekend use.

4. Take it down and get a kiddie blow up pool?
    ~12,500 gal 16x32 IGP vinyl, Hayward DE4820 filter (everything else is too old to read lol), TF100 Test Kit, TFPC method

4. Back To Top    #4
    SW PA

Why even have a pool? That is seriously a lot of work for any Intex pool.

I shouldn't ask this and I'm asking in the gentlest, most sincerest way online but where is the adult supervision for said kids through the week since you are so worried about them using this pool, enough to make a post on removing pool and setting up weekly? It doesn't make sense to me. If it's all that, go buy a plastic kiddy pool and dump it weekly. It would be so much easier.

Welcome to TFP.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Not to mention the increasing scarcity of potable water worldwide, as well as those areas of our own country who are into severe drought conditions and further - it sounds to me like a huge waste of time, energy, and (importantly) water...........
    24 foot AG Vinyl, 10 year old wall, 1 year old liner
    Hayward 240T Sand (free!)
    Hayward 1.5 hp pump (free)
    BBB just ROCKS!

6. Back To Top    #6
    Indianapolis Indiana

I would just go with a gunnite inground pool. That is much easier to takedown on weekends anyway. Better yet you could drain it Sunday night, fill it with dirt Monday before work, then you save $$$ during the week on chlorine. Friday night simply remove the 100 tons of dirt and fill with hose. You will be good to go by Saturday.
    13,500gal AGP Matrix 24'
    Pentair Sanddollar SD-80 75GPM filter, Pentair Dynamo 1HP 2 speed pump
    Polaris 65 pool cleaner
    (20'x30" solar heater to be installed)