Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New above ground pool still unlevel

1. Back To Top    #1

New above ground pool still unlevel

i have bought a 14ft Intex Pool. The first time i set it up it was 5-6 inches unlevel. I drained all the water and started to level. I used sand and dirt. I checked a few times and the ground seemed to be level so i set up the pool again and started to fill. Yesterday i was 1.5 Inches unlevel and today its 2.5 Inches. How dangerous is this? Do i have to drain again all the Water or are 2.5 Inches ok? If its not ok, are there any other solutions then draining the whole pool again. I really dont wanna waste all the water.....Please help

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: New above ground pool still unlevel

Welcome to TFP.

Unfortunately that's too far out of level. 1" is the max you want it out of level.

About the only way to save the water is to get another temporary pool and pump the water into it, level the one you have now and then pump the water back into it. Bummer about that!
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    Sault Ontario

Re: New above ground pool still unlevel

Your too far out, will it collapse - who knows. It's your risk really, personally I'd be taking it down asap. IT's gots hundreds of thousands of pounds of water in it, if it lets loose there is danger to persons and proptery and liability is yours.

How did you level, did you add soil to low side or dig out the high side? Did you compact or did you just level it out and put the pool up?
    Some details on your site prep methods will allow people to give some better advice.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list