CYA added a week ago, still not registering

Iwilk

Jun 18, 2013
Louisville, KY
My test results from last night...

FC 4
CC .5
pH 7.5 - 7.8 (The color is between these two, don't know which to pick)
TA 90
CYA 0

I added 40oz of CYA about a week ago using the sock method. It did take until early yesterday to finish disolving completely. Could this be why it's not showing up yet? I tested for it last night and the dot never went away, just got a lot lighter but I could still see it.

It could be but you should at least see a little cloudiness. 40 oz should raise the CYA about 30 ppm so it may not have been enough time since it dissolved to make the lowest reading on the tube.

What brand stabilizer did you use?

I bought the stabilizer at Walmart, HTH brand. The water is crystal clear. The only time it would get cloudy is when I would squeeze the socks to try and help it disolve. Is it normal for it to take a week to disolve? I did put it inside my husbands thick white Nike socks, lol.

It can take a while to dissolve especially if you're not squeezing the sock on a regular basis.

I'd give it another couple of days and see if it clouds up the test.
We had a couple of reports last year of stabilizer not ever showing up and we assumed it was bad. Like I said, give it a few more days before you add any more.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.