Install liner add water later?

ssgumby

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 17, 2012
Maryland
Is this possible? I had my crew lined up to help install the liner Friday morning. I just found out that I have to go out of town Sun and come back Tuesday early. Since I wouldnt be able to monitor the chemicals during that time, I was wondering if I could install the liner, just clip it in place but add no water.

Seems like it would work and would help let it settle into place?

Are you filling from the tap? You might be able to fill Friday evening through Saturday. Get your pH correct. Make sure you have 30-40ppm CYA, bring the chlorine to shock levels and then cover the pool while you are gone. That might be enough to make it to Tuesday.

I'm in a similar situation. Liner goes in tomorrow, fill the pool Friday then I have to go out of town Saturday.

Your liner will dry out and shrink if it is not filled with water. Also if there is heavy rain while the liner is empty ground water could collect underneath and displace the liner. If rescheduling the install is not an option, fill the pool with water, adjust pH if needed, add the CYA and raise the pool to shock level. If your pump is not yet connected when the liner is installed use liquid CYA and liquid chlorine and brush the pool well to circulate. That should keep things clear until you get back.

Don't think of it as "dump and run". You will be putting in carefully calculated amounts of CYA and chlorine by using the pool calculator. Raising the FC to shock level poses no risk to your liner/pool. FC will decrease while you are gone, you can slow that by covering the pool and preventing the sunlight from breaking down chlorine. If all goes well you'll still have some chlorine in the pool when you get back and then you can fine tune the rest of the chemistry.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.