Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How do you adjust your pool returns

1. Back To Top    #1

How do you adjust your pool returns

Silly question, I know. But this year, even when I loosen the ring around the return eye I can't seem to adjust the direction it's facing. I'd like to be able to adjust the eyes easily. I'm afraid to just stick a screwdriver in there, although I think that would do the trick. Any ideas?
    I've removed the eyes completely, and a couple stick to the ring, think I should lube them up? I hate to introduce silicon to my water, but I need to adjust the water flow.

Thanks

Tom
    In gound vinyl L, ~41,000 gallons, Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 420 cartridge filtter, Pentair 2 speed WhisperFlo pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How do you adjust your pool returns

I had the same issue as I could not adjust my returns. I just bought some new ones. The place I got them from was around 6.00 a piece. The new ones I got I am able to adjust them while they are installed.
    13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Mine got difficult as well. Like mynewpool, I broke down and got new ones which seem to work much better
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the fast responses. I guess the plastic must degrade over time, causing the problem.

Tom
    In gound vinyl L, ~41,000 gallons, Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 420 cartridge filtter, Pentair 2 speed WhisperFlo pump