Taylor versus TF-100

run53

LifeTime Supporter
May 4, 2010
I have the TF-100 and need to order some refills to test TC. The web site says that the R-0870 powder can be used for both the Taylor and the T-100. However there is no mention of that for the R-0871 Reagent for FAS/DPD. Seems like they could be interchangeable but I wanted to ask here to know for sure. If not what are the differences?

The reason I ask is that my brother has the Taylor and I have the TF-100. Sometimes we share in a pinch.

They are chemically identical. The only reason we don't say they are for both is the TF-100 refill bottle is 2 oz and the K-2006 bottle is .75 oz. The larger TF-100 refill won't fit in the K-2006 box.

The good news is that you can still share but he won't be able to keep it in his box so he'll have to give it back to you! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

duraleigh said:
They are chemically identical. The only reason we don't say they are for both is the TF-100 refill bottle is 2 oz and the K-2006 bottle is .75 oz. The larger TF-100 refill won't fit in the K-2006 box.

The good news is that you can still share but he won't be able to keep it in his box so he'll have to give it back to you! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Great! thanks for confirming.

The other difference is that the Taylor is more expensive. $7.75 for a .75oz vs. $9.95 for 2 oz. :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.