Thru Wall Skimmer Install. Above Seam & With Intex Hoses

Jun 26, 2013
Split from post525343.html#p525343 Butterfly

Thanks for the inspiration guys!!! I had a 12' X 36" Summer Escapes pool, but last fall as I was in the process of taking it down a Thunderstorm blew my pool in the trees enough that it totaled the liner.

I got a good deal on the Intex 15' X 48" pool at Wal-Mart, so it wasn't much more to buy a bigger pool than fix the old one. However, the Intex didn't come with a skimmer, so I googled around and found this site. I installed the skimmer of my Summer Escapes into the new pool today.

My pool is still filling up, but I plan to run mine with both pumps, the pump off the Summer Escapes and the new pump.

Eventually, I'm gonna plumb it up for a single pump. What do you guys think is a better filter system, sand or salt?

My father and I built an in ground lined pool when I was growing up and we had a sand filter, so I am leaning towards that, but any suggestions?

If I am running a 2Hp pump on 1 4000 gallon pool, I should be able to plumb it for two inlets and two outlets (skimmer and stock Intex) all right also?

Good job on the thru wall skimmer. I cant believe intex isnt using them yet. Saltwater system and sand filter are two totally different things. Saltwater generates chlorine instead of adding it. You still need a filter system. I def recommend sand. Cost a little more at first but you only have to backwash it a couple times a season and the sand is good for years. Cartridge filters constantly need replaced. good luck and enjoy

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.