cloudy green pool

Jun 25, 2013
Evening!

I've read through many posts trying to find an answer to our cloudy green pool problem, but can't find a match so I'm asking for help! Tested at a store...haven't invested in our own pool tester yet! It was tested Saturday, June 22.

FC 0
TC 0
Combined Chlorine 0
PH 7.7 (2nd summer in use)
TA 60
CH 255
CYA 10
Salt 3900
Saturation index -0.2

6 lbs Stabilizer and 1.5 chlorine tablets have been used and still cloudy green and can't see the bottom of the deep end at this point. Haven't had it retested either.

Welcome to the forum :wave:

Seems you already took care of the CYA problem and are maybe around 35ish or so.
Don't add any more CYA until the Shock Process is completed.

Now you need to follow the Shock Process up in Pool School.
pool-school/shocking_your_pool

The best investment you will make in the pool is a good test kit. The TF100 is the fav around here. Site owner makes the kits.
Best bang for the buck and A1 customer service. Link in my sig.

What size/pounds is sand filter? Add that info to sig, please.

Do you have a SWG?

Welcome! :wave:

Actually, your problem is pretty common - insufficient chlorine.

1.5 tablets might keep a blow-up kiddie pool clear, but you've got a whopper. 6 lbs of CYA should get you up to about 26. Those pucks won;t affect it in any measurable way. So...shock level is 12. To get there using Chlorox 8.25% bleach, you're looking at 4¼ 121 oz jugs! And that's just the starting dose. The SWG won't be able to keep up by itself.

A little inspiration:
pretty-black-pool-t58442.html
first-time-pool-owner-t61565.html
a-little-encouragement-for-those-with-algae-and-new-to-bbb-t57137.html
frog-filled-green-swamp-to-oasis-work-in-progress-t48213-20.html be sure to look at page 2
before-and-after-t36785.html
a-final-picture-set-of-how-well-the-bbb-method-works-t33199.html

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.