Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: High FC

1. Back To Top    #1

High FC

I did a test tonight and I'm a little concerned with the FC.

FC: 15
    CC: .5
    TC: 15.5
    pH: 7.2
    T/A: 120
    CH: 100
    CYA: 60

I need to raise the cya alittle and the ph but what about the FC?
    18'x52" Intex round AGP, 2650 Krystal Clear SWG pump with sand filter and a Hayward H100ID pool heater. TF100 test kit to keep the water sparkly clean.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: High FC

Leave everything alone except dial back your SWG or turn it off until your FC reaches about 5 ppm then restart SWG on a lower setting.

Your pH will come up on it's own and you can add about 10-20 ppm CYA whenever you wish....no hurry.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I'd watch your ph, if your fc is that high and your ph is 7.2(not sure the accuracy with the high fc) from what I've read a lot of chlorine should raise your ph so keep an eye on that.

24'x54'' AG
    Appox. 13800 gallons
    150lb Hayward sand filter
    1.5hp pump
    Well water

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by durandetto
    I'd watch your ph, if your fc is that high and your ph is 7.2(not sure the accuracy with the high fc) from what I've read a lot of chlorine should raise your ph so keep an eye on that.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Good catch!

pH shouild be rechecked and adjusted after FC dips below 10.

High FC doesn't actually change the pH, it changes the phenol red reagent so it misreads.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

I can turn the swg off for a while and when the FC drops I will adjust the pH. I have a jug of the pH Plus from Walmart, is that good to use?
    18'x52" Intex round AGP, 2650 Krystal Clear SWG pump with sand filter and a Hayward H100ID pool heater. TF100 test kit to keep the water sparkly clean.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by MK1985
    I can turn the swg off for a while and when the FC drops I will adjust the pH. I have a jug of the pH Plus from Walmart, is that good to use?
    Yes. That is Soda Ash.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

7. Back To Top    #7

With your TA at 120, your pH will rise on its own. Adding pH increaser would probably result in a too high pH. Just wait and retest. You could add an eyeball to the return to allow the return water to ripple the surface, which will help raise the pH.

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

+1 what JamesW said.
    Dave S.

9. Back To Top    #9

Thanks for all the help and ideas I will see what I can do, also is it safe to swim because it's crystal clear and warming up slowly.

10. Back To Top    #10

In the Industry

Swim away!
    Dave S.