Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy Aquapure 1400 - what is this part?

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy Aquapure 1400 - what is this part?

In the manual, it looks like its just the power cable. Should I just be able to swap it out or is what I'm seeing an indication of another problem?

[attachment=0:2r2zk2rf]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372208533.026898.jpg[/attachment:2r2zk2rf]

Thanks for your advice!

Lynn
    Attached Images Attached Images
    12000 Gallon Freeform Pool
    SWG
    Jandy AquaPure 1400
    Leslie's DPD Complete Chlorine Kit + FAS/DPD Chlorine Tester and Swirler from TFP.com
    Tree covered lot - cottonwoods and crepe myrtles. Great shade during the summer, miserable fall cleaning leaves from the pool.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jandy Aquapure 1400 - what is this part?

That is the DC power cable, but what makes you think that it needs to be replaced?
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

The green corrosion on it (maybe hard to see in the photo) and the 123 error that I'm getting on the Aquapure.
    SWG
    Jandy AquaPure 1400
    Leslie's DPD Complete Chlorine Kit + FAS/DPD Chlorine Tester and Swirler from TFP.com
    Tree covered lot - cottonwoods and crepe myrtles. Great shade during the summer, miserable fall cleaning leaves from the pool.

4. Back To Top    #4

Have you tried cleaning the cord and terminals? Make sure the power is off, clean the cord, cell terminals, and make sure inside the cell is clean. You might try to follow this troubleshooting manual, http://www.pleasurepoolsno.com/wp-conte ... Manual.pdf.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

5. Back To Top    #5

I've pulled the DC cord to replace it and noticed that the corrosion ate through the center prong. Is my only option to replace the entire cell?

Lynn
    SWG
    Jandy AquaPure 1400

6. Back To Top    #6

Yes.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

7. Back To Top    #7

Okay, thanks.
    SWG
    Jandy AquaPure 1400