This is such a great website with a lot of helpful people and information. Just a little background on our new pool:
Inground, vinyl liner pool in Northwest Ohio
The pool was filled with city water on June 10. The plumbing was not entirely finished as they had not hooked up SWG, Filter, heater, etc. They poured chlorine in on June 17. Then got the filter, SWG, etc. hooked up and cut the vinyl for the returns and skimmers. They poured salt in on June 19. Nothing else has been done to it.
We've used the auto cleaner a few times.
The test kit just came in today. The water has been getting a little cloudy and the bottom and sides a little slippery.
Here are the results from the tests:
- The Total Chlorine Test did not turn colors. After I added the R0600 the water stayed clear
- pH level was 7.2 after adding 5 drops of R0014
- The salt strip indicated a level of 2,930 ppm
- Total Alkalinity was 55
- CYA - When I performed this test, I could still see the black dot after mixing and adding as directed
- Calcium Hardness - 120 - After 5 drops of R0011L the solution turned a light pinkish/purplish. After adding 12 drops of R0012 the solution turned blue.
- Given the results of the total chlorine test above, I still decided to do the Chlorine Drop Test. Again, as expected based on the first chlorine test, the water stayed clear throughout the entire test.
So based on all of this... what do I need to do? This is our first pool and I'm really hoping to get my arms around everything!! Thank you in advance for your help!