Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just want to say hi and introduce myself

1. Back To Top    #1

Just want to say hi and introduce myself

Hello, just joined today but have been browsing the site for a couple days trying to find answers to my questions. Kinda figured it out on my own, but got a bit of information here and there on the forum.

My name is Judy and I live in the Seacoast of NH. I have had the Intex Easy Set Pool for a few years now and absolutely LOVE it. Its easy to set up and take down, have done it myself a couple times however I like it a lot more when my kids are around and can help as its easier with more hands to get out all the wrinkles and get it set up (or put away) with the muscles that come with young men!! This pool is PERFECT for me, and my daughter and grandchildren that live with me. The kids (5 and 7) now swim like FISHES and its big enough for me to float around and get some rays.

I had never used the skimmer or the vaccumn till this year, but got tired of seeing all the little buggies in the pool that the filter would not get out nor would the net! I bought a Hayward Sand Filter this year and its AWESOME, the boys figured out the connections as they were a little different. (yes we kinda jimmied it) I just hooked up the skimmer thing, cause I figured out finally (after actually researching it and watching the instructional video) that it had to also be hooked up to the filter! DUH!! not a plumber here!!

THEN, I figured out that the bubble ring around the top needed to be reinflated to hold the skimmer in place! After a couple days of keeping a sharp eye on it cause it kept floating around and popping out above the water level. Now its working like a charm. I do however have one question, the hose that connects from the bottom of the skimmer and goes into the suction of the filter....it must have been stored next to something that got really hot, (like the lawnmower motor) and partially melted altho not thru. It is constricted in one place to about half the size. Will this affect the way it works?
    Index 18 x 48 easy set pool. Hayward sand filter 1/2 hp. Keepin it simple!

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Just want to say hi and introduce myself

Welcome to the forum.
    Will this affect the way it works?
    Somewhat, yes. Constricting the intake to the pump noticeably reduces the capability of your system. You should replace that hose.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP! Glad you are enjoying your pool. When you get new hose, consider an additional longer piece as well to vacuum with. Unless or course you already have one.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

4. Back To Top    #4

Hello. Welcome!
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

5. Back To Top    #5

Hi Judy! Welcome to TFP!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome!

Start shopping for a new hose. What's the point of buying the spiffy new high-performance filter and then choking it? That's like buying a Porsche and never taking it on the freeway.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

7. Back To Top    #7

Good points!! Guess I better get to the pool store!
    Index 18 x 48 easy set pool. Hayward sand filter 1/2 hp. Keepin it simple!

8. Back To Top    #8

Welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by anniegra
    Good points!! Guess I better get to the pool store!

Just don't let them Pool Store you.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem