Pool Pilot Digital Nano produces no clorine

sailman

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 21, 2010
Oklahoma City
I've had my Nano for a couple of years and it has stopped producing clorine. All indications are normal on the panel. When I run the self test I get salt=3200, Cell=2V 5.3A, and Amp-Hrs=23100. The cell has been cleaned regularly and looks fine. Has the cell or power unit reached the end of its useful life?

Are you sure you didn't leave out a digit? 2V doesn't seem possible with 5.3A. Assuming that is really 2N volts:

Are you sure it isn't producing chlorine? It seems more likely that the pool is simply consuming chlorine as quickly as it is produced. You can check this by measuring the FC level of the water coming out of the cell when it is energized. This is best done by putting the unit in boost mode, to insure it is on, and then loosening the union on the output side of the cell just enough that you can get a water sample out of it. It should read 1 or 2 or more ppm of FC higher than the pool. If it is indeed producing chlorine, then post your water test results. We might be able to spot the problem quickly from that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.