Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Pilot Digital Nano produces no clorine

1. Back To Top    #1
    Oklahoma City

Pool Pilot Digital Nano produces no clorine

I've had my Nano for a couple of years and it has stopped producing clorine. All indications are normal on the panel. When I run the self test I get salt=3200, Cell=2V 5.3A, and Amp-Hrs=23100. The cell has been cleaned regularly and looks fine. Has the cell or power unit reached the end of its useful life?
    16K gallon chlorine, inground, plaster w/stone surround and waterfall, Hayward 3620 DE filter, 1 HP pump, separate 3/4 HP pump for waterfall

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Pool Pilot Digital Nano produces no clorine

Are you sure you didn't leave out a digit? 2V doesn't seem possible with 5.3A. Assuming that is really 2N volts:

Are you sure it isn't producing chlorine? It seems more likely that the pool is simply consuming chlorine as quickly as it is produced. You can check this by measuring the FC level of the water coming out of the cell when it is energized. This is best done by putting the unit in boost mode, to insure it is on, and then loosening the union on the output side of the cell just enough that you can get a water sample out of it. It should read 1 or 2 or more ppm of FC higher than the pool. If it is indeed producing chlorine, then post your water test results. We might be able to spot the problem quickly from that.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School