Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: under water vinyl repair

1. Back To Top    #1

under water vinyl repair

Hi All,
    Is there such a thing (kit) to repair a vinyl liner under the water or is draining the only option

Thanks

John
    14x28 IG Vinyl
    12.5k gal
    Hayward SP-Super Pump
    Hayward Pro-Grid 36sqft DE
    Hayward auto chlorine feeder (offline:using BBB)
    Hayward AG Gas heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: under water vinyl repair

There is such a thing as an underwater repair kit ... although likely depends on the severity of the leak.

That said, I am not sure where to direct you to find it ... so someone else will hopefully jump in.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Pretty much all pool stores carry patch kits. If you want to buy online, just search for vinyl pool patch and you should find plenty. If you can get one with boxer glue it's considered the best.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks again folks ima goin lookin

John
    14x28 IG Vinyl
    12.5k gal
    Hayward SP-Super Pump
    Hayward Pro-Grid 36sqft DE
    Hayward auto chlorine feeder (offline:using BBB)
    Hayward AG Gas heater

5. Back To Top    #5

years ago when we had an AG pool with a large leak, we bought a patch kit at the pool store. We were given the advice to put the glue on the patch while above water. Then fold the patch in half with the glue inside...like a taco. We had a child's roller toy that came with a play-doh set. I got the patch all ready on the deck while my husband readied himself with goggles. I handed him the patch, he waited until the patch was very close to the hold before unfolding the taco patch. He placed it down best he could. Then I handed him the roller and he rolled it out. I bet a rolling pin would work well too, or a cup. Worked great. The patch lasted three years until ice ruined the entire pool.

I was also told that if you hate the person patching it you can do the following. While said person is underwater, squirt the rest of the bottle of glue on the water surface. When the unsuspecting victim comes up for air, waa-laa. Glue hair!! I don't recommend it, but it sure sounds funny...for someone else!
    Theresa and/or Gary

Complete DIY: 20x40' rectangle. Resin walls, vinyl lined. 33000 gallons. Full width steps. 8' deep. Diving board, slide. Hayward pro series super pump, sand filter. Raypack 336K BTU heater. Main drain, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, 2 amerilite lights with quick change lens Aquamatic auto cover and a partridge in a pear tree.
    Breaking our backs in the hopes that one of our six kids will care for us when we are old ;)

6. Back To Top    #6

It is a two person job... Just repaired our 1 yr old liner... 19 holes... it was the grandson with the pole using it as a cane. Anyway we used our boat anchor to help hold us underwater that was the hardest part.. just do as 8corneflake said put glue on patch fold over and dive... Good luck.
    10,400k, AG 21 round, 1.0HP Waterway pump cartridge filter. TF-100