New to the forum but old to the pool. I've had mine now about 7 years and seen most everything but after opening this year, while the pool was nice and crystal clear, I was seeing slight algae on the sides of the pool (in ground/liner). So, this past weekend, i went to my local pool place and had them test my water. They found it high in copper.
They advised me to purchase Ketrol and 25LBs of Alkalinity stuff. One thing they didn't mention was to NOT shock it before putting Ketrol in. What I had done was actually get my water sample, then tossed in two 1lb shock bags before heading to the place. After returning, I added 10ozs of Ketrol on Saturday and waited to Sunday for the Alkalinity powder (8, 8, 9 lbs every three hours = 25lbs - per the guy at pool place).
By this time however it was already a deep green. It was clear, but green, different that the usual funky algae look,
After calling them yesterday, they said, well, I should not have shocked it and I was told the Ketrol is somehow counteracted by the shock and that I should add another dose of Ketrol. Well, did all that, still green.
What's my next move here to clean this baby up?