OKC renovation - forty-year facelift

And done, in less than 6 hrs. Wish I'd found these guys four months ago! Technically, it's about 99% done, because I didn't order enough wood to finish the post base wraps to cover the metal brackets, but DH and I can finish those out ourselves with little trouble.

Not sure if I should start a new thread in pumping station or keep this here with my reno thread. Had a different PB out this week to measure for a winter cover (another thing that our PB ditched us on), and asked him to look at our shallow end skimmer while he was here. We'd thought it was clogged with sand and debris since the renovation (had two new skimmers installed), because putting our "floater" in the deep skimmer, which previously forced the suction to split between the two skimmers (plumbed in a series within the gunite shell, done in 1975), did nothing and we could see lots of gravel and junk in the shallow skimmer. Original PB was supposed to clear the line but that was another thing he never returned to finish.

However, when new PB hooked up lines and blew through the lines, he said he couldn't get even an air bubble out of the shallow skimmer, and is guessing it is not even hooked up. Alternatively, it could be filled with solid concrete, but I think that's less likely. What should we do? How could we find out exactly what is going on with it so we can determine appropriate course of action? I'm thinking maybe some kind of plumber/leak detection with camera to run through the lines? I'd like to get this taken care of before closing the pool for the season if I can.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.