Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Flexible Trench Drain?

1. Back To Top    #1

Carrollton, Tx

Flexible Trench Drain?

My pool deck slopes away like it is supposed to, but about half of the pool deck is close to the house. The planters tend to get a lot of water in them on a heavy swimming day and collect dog hair (2 labs). I was thinking of putting in a trench draining "system" around the current pool deck and lead it away from the planters on the house side of things. My pool deck is curved, so I was thinking of some kind of flexible trench drain with a grated top and line deck near the house with it.

I have had no luck finding something like this. Any ideas?

22000 Inground gunite. Hayward DE filter - SWG Aqua Rite T-15 - Gas Heater

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Flexible Trench Drain?

Why not a trench with some river rock and this?
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Lehigh Valley, PA

Re: Flexible Trench Drain?

Have you looked at getting a thin channel drain by Stegmeier or NDS? Their smallest systems, about 1.5" wide, are flexible enough to be bent if you want a small curve. But if you get a lot of water, I would recommend a bigger drain.. not only will it drain more efficiently but the grates have pretty classy options as well!

Good luck!
    Hannah Schroer, Trench Drain Systems