Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Looking for a new skimmer - choices

1. Back To Top    #1

Battle Creek, MI

Looking for a new skimmer - choices

Having just plumbed and started the new Hayward pump, I get the sense that I need to speed up my quest for a through-the-wall skimmer for my Intex Ultra Frame. I have done some research here and looked for options on eBay. I'm narrowed down the search to four choices, for now: ... 5af14ed4ff

Slimline/Hydro, seems like an off-color, if these are actual photos. Cheapest option. ... 5d3fa3468a

A popular model with other Intex modders here. A sure thing. ... 5af1a3b2a5

Intriguing choice, the most expensive. Like the idea of grey to go along with my IUF. ... 1e78c5c35d

The Hydro model in grey. Again, like the looks of the color.

I'm shying away from Hayward for now because I don't like the looks of that semi-circular handle on the weir. Looks like it would catch debris intended for the basket. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    18'x4' AG Intex Ultra Frame, 6,700 gal., assembled new 2013; Mods: Hayward EC50C90 Perflex filter & 1 h.p. PowerFlo Matrix pump, Fiber Clear cellulose D.E. substitute, Hayward H100ID1 100,000 BTU NG heater, a pair of 2'x20' Sungrabber solar heaters via the original Intex 635T pump, grey Hydro Tools through-the-wall skimmer, Confer steps/ladder system & Cover Free chemical pool cover. The Summer of Mods!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Antelope, CA

Re: Looking for a new skimmer - choices

One of the ebay shippers only wants $31.00 for shipping. I would buy on Amazon so you have easy returns in case you need to.

I would not be afraid to buy a Hayward. I have seen some nice ones on Amazon the included everything , including return fittings for $20-30 with shipping.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100