WATER LEVEL

I've left it over the skimmer for a day or two when we've had heavy rain. Other than water flowing out the top of the skimmer, I don't think anything else is different. As long as it's skimming anything floating off the top I don't worry about it being too high, it's probably 1/2" from the top (of the opening).

It will not skim the top of the water and just suck water into the pump.

We've never had a member that I know of want to intentionally do this. It shouldn't, as far as I know, hurt anything but it certainly renders the *skimmer* useless.

Just curious... does the bottom of the pool get dirtier than let's say a normal water level n skimming action or have you just started this experiment?

i have not raised the level yet . but pool now is very clean on bottom i have a mirage automatic cleaner i use i will raise it today and see what happens over the next week just wanted to make sure it would not cause any problems with the pump and filter

Most agp skimmers wont let you raise the level much above the opening. Mine will allow about 1/2 inch above the skimmer opening before draining the pool out of the top of the skimmer access. The problem with letting the pool consistently drain there can be localized erosion that can affect the walls. So just before rain or when it is raining, draining the pool through the plumbing will help protect against this. Other than that, there should be no problem letting the water level get up there since you skimming is still performed with the poolskim.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It's been awhile since I've had a pool that I completely forgot about that linen! You're absolutely correct! :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.