Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: WATER LEVEL

1. Back To Top    #1

WATER LEVEL

is there any problem to be concerned about if i keep the water level high say above skimmer i like a deeper water level but do not want to damage anything pump ,filter etc
    15x30x54 AG,2HP2SP PUMP 400LB SAND FILTER

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: WATER LEVEL

Not really. As long as it is not over the skimmer door. If it is you will not be skimming the surface like it should.
    17500 gallon Doughboy AGP, Hayward DE filter, waiting for the 1.5hp DB pump to go out.
    Learn to take the advice here and be trouble free or use the pool store's advice. "You can't do both and get very far"

3. Back To Top    #3

well i am not really worried about the skimmer because i installed a poolskim marvelous product since i have put the pool skim in the main skimmer basket stays clean 90% of the time .

4. Back To Top    #4

I've left it over the skimmer for a day or two when we've had heavy rain. Other than water flowing out the top of the skimmer, I don't think anything else is different. As long as it's skimming anything floating off the top I don't worry about it being too high, it's probably 1/2" from the top (of the opening).
    Aaron
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]
    Powered by: TFP, PoolMath & TFTestkits

5. Back To Top    #5

i was wanting to fillit as high as i could which would be over the skimmer would this cause a problem

6. Back To Top    #6

It will not skim the top of the water and just suck water into the pump.

We've never had a member that I know of want to intentionally do this. It shouldn't, as far as I know, hurt anything but it certainly renders the *skimmer* useless.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

i just like a deeper water level i can probably raise it 3-4 inches . since putting in the poolskim my actual pool skimmer stays clean

8. Back To Top    #8

Just curious... does the bottom of the pool get dirtier than let's say a normal water level n skimming action or have you just started this experiment?

9. Back To Top    #9

i have not raised the level yet . but pool now is very clean on bottom i have a mirage automatic cleaner i use i will raise it today and see what happens over the next week just wanted to make sure it would not cause any problems with the pump and filter

10. Back To Top    #10

Most agp skimmers wont let you raise the level much above the opening. Mine will allow about 1/2 inch above the skimmer opening before draining the pool out of the top of the skimmer access. The problem with letting the pool consistently drain there can be localized erosion that can affect the walls. So just before rain or when it is raining, draining the pool through the plumbing will help protect against this. Other than that, there should be no problem letting the water level get up there since you skimming is still performed with the poolskim.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

11. Back To Top    #11

It's been awhile since I've had a pool that I completely forgot about that linen! You're absolutely correct!

12. Back To Top    #12

thx a lot guys we will try it and see tonight i will let you guys know how it go"s