Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My new pool fountain...

1. Back To Top    #1

My new pool fountain...

I am a big advocate of evaporative cooling. I have used a fountain for the last couple years to keep my intex from being a hot tub. So with the new pool, I decided to make some changes and install it "with options"...

I have plans to design an interchangeable waterfall that can just be screwed onto the union ends. I also plan to add another union on very bottom after the black ball valve to make it to where the entire assembly can be removed IF desired. Soooo... excuse my mess, but enjoy the video!

PS... definitely have to pay more attention to PH with using a fountain, as it went up .2 overnight... eeeek
    27' Round Sharkline Venture 17K Gallon AGP
    Pentair SD80 26" Sand Filter
    Pentair Dynamo 1.5HP Dual Speed Pump
    45MPHP10 Stenner Pump
    Aquabot Pool Rover Jr.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW PA

Re: My new pool fountain...

That's a nice fountain.

I see you have the pool buried. Is it buried the whole way around? What made you bury it? I have a Venture in the garage. I'm not burying mine though. I thought I read it voids the warrenty.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

As long as you're making interchangeable ends, how about a water cannon? A pool noodle should fit over a pipe.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4
    North Georgia

I've got 19,000 gallons, and I'm getting some serious temp reductions using heads from garden wand waterers. I'm talking 8 degree drop in 4 hours. The difference is the water droplet size. Yours is set up great, and with the unions you can make all kinds of experimental ends to put on it.

You'll notice mine makes less noise, but spreads the water over more area. You may not like the rain effect over all of your pool. Especially as the "rain" for mine is about 10 degrees colder than the pool water.
    18'x43' Sport Pool
    19,000 Gallons Vinyl Liner 3'-3.5'-4'
    SWCG and D.E. Filter
    Test Kits - Pool Calculator - Chlorine/CYA Chart - Pool School

Secret Weapon for Pool Chemistry Testing