New to my pool- Ph 7.2.... raise it or leave it?

I'll do a full test today or tomorrow. So far (had the pool for a week) been using the leslie chlorine shock granuales (73% hypo) and leaving 3, 3" tabs in a floater. I know, bad bad. I'm even more mad she (prior owner) drug me down to the pool store had me shell out several hundred $$$ on chemicals during our house "turn over". I'm going to start using clorox as soon as I can get down to costco. I have a gallon jug of clorox outdoor from home depot- I can use that in the mean time- will have to see what % it is and run it in the pool calculator.

zimm said:
I'll do a full test today or tomorrow. So far (had the pool for a week) been using the leslie chlorine shock granuales (73% hypo) and leaving 3, 3" tabs in a floater. I know, bad bad. I'm even more mad she (prior owner) drug me down to the pool store had me shell out several hundred $$$ on chemicals during our house "turn over". I'm going to start using clorox as soon as I can get down to costco. I have a gallon jug of clorox outdoor from home depot- I can use that in the mean time- will have to see what % it is and run it in the pool calculator.

DO NOT USE THE OUTDOOR BLEACH!!!! It will cloud your pool! Read here:

just-dumb-wrong-type-of-bleach-cloudy-water-t64111.html

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The tablets are acidic and may continue to drive the pH and TA down. You really need to test the CYA and see if you are doing yourself a disservice by their continued use.

Okay, Just got done playing with my TF100 test kit. Not exactly sure on the CYA though- the black dot never "disappears" but it goes to a grey around 90-100.

So....

FC 2
Ph 7.2
TA 110 (up from 90)
CH 450
CYA 90

What should I adjust? I pulled out the chlorine tabs. Need to get some clorox ASAP.

That means it is between 0 and 20ppm.

The pucks you have used have added some CYA so it is not zero. You need to get the CYA up to at least 30ppm to protect your chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.