Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Planning My Pool Slide

1. Back To Top    #1

Planning My Pool Slide

So here is the ladder and slide.... sorry for not embedding, I have not figured out in SkyDrive how to get the .jpg link. I will use aluminum angle to bolt the ladder feet to the deck. To connect the slide to the ladder, do you think the slide still be strong enough if I cut away enough of the sides at the top so I can bolt the slide to the top step on the ladder? I also need a way to get the foot of the slide out over the edge of the pool. I don't want something resting on the top of the wall, so I want to cantilver from the deck. I could use treated or possibly square aluminum tube. Would aluminum be strong enough? It would not be exposed.

Here is the slide and ladder mocked up.
    http://sdrv.ms/17yLcPi

Here is the foot of the slide.

http://sdrv.ms/17yLkhR

Here is the top looking down. I would cut the sides back enough to let the top edge sit on the top step on the ladder. My other thought was leave the slide as-is and use aluminum tube bolted to the legs under the top step and the slide gets bolted to that through the sides.
    http://sdrv.ms/17yLoya
    27' Round Might Sun AG Pool 18000 Gallon Intex Krystal Clear SWG Hayward Pump/Filter on a Timer

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Planning My Pool Slide

FYI, those links do not work for me at all.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

They work for me.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

4. Back To Top    #4

Hmmm no one else has reported problems with picture links. What browser are you using?
    27' Round Might Sun AG Pool 18000 Gallon Intex Krystal Clear SWG Hayward Pump/Filter on a Timer

5. Back To Top    #5

Chrome ... could be firewall, but I usually do not see this when it is the firewall:
    This webpage is not available
    The webpage at https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=8 ... Xht8XPsO2A might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
    Error 111 (net::ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED): Unknown error.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

hmm I guess it is you. It works for me in Chrome, FF and IE. I don't use Chrome much, it causes my video card to reset. I had the problem fixed but then a Chrome upgrade broke it again.

7. Back To Top    #7

I use Chrome, they've worked every time for me.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list