New Set-Up Gone Wrong???

Jun 25, 2013
I remodeled the back yard including cement around the pool a few years ago. I had the brilliant idea to replace the filter, pump and skimmer line at that time. It has never run well since then. The pool is very deep - 12ft in the deep end as it was built in 1970. 20x40, plaster. FNS 48 DE -use Zeno Fiber, Sta-Rite Superior 1.5HP. Always have bubbles in skimmer line, but no bubbles when the skimmer valve is closed. I have to clean the grids weekly or more often and the water pressure seems weak. Help???

Welcome to TFP!

Bubbles usually indicate a leak somewhere in the line or a water restriction. Could be plumbing or it could be a valve leaking.

The frequent cleaning is usually a chemistry issue. DE filters are very effective, and the slightest algae problem can clog them quickly. It could also mean that the grids need an acid soak. Check your owner's manual for instructions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.