Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bug Repellent

1. Back To Top    #1

Bug Repellent

I'm curious if there's any useful type of bug repellent for pools? I live in Minnesota and we get swarmed by mosquitoes at night which puts a damper on any late night swims. I was planning on putting numerous citronella torches around the pool but thought i'd see if there was anything better..
    --- Pool Status - Ice Cube
    18'x9'x52" Intex Rectangular Pool with Krystal Clear 2560gpm Sand Pump and Krystal Clear Salt Water System
    Hayward Skimmer with (2) 1 1/2" Hayward Returns
    16mil Klear Choice Solar Blanket

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Bug Repellent

I don't know how they'd grow in Mn, but we have mosquito plants down here. You could plant them around the pool.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    Russellville, AR

I'm in Arkansas, and the thought of mosquitoes in Minnesota boggles my mind... is there nowhere safe from those devils?
    16x48 Intex Ultraframe vinyl AGP, 2150 gph sand filter/pump (Intex SF70110), TF-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4
    B.A. Okla.

I have 5 torches around my 18' but to me it seems just being wet with pool water keeps them away a lot. I guess not for you all though.
    18' Summer escapes with original skimmer + intex pump + intex sand filter w/ Zeolite, Intex SWG. 1x ecosaver 50sqft solar panel with dedicated pump.