Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Easy Aeration

1. Back To Top    #1

Easy Aeration

I needed to aerate my pool tonight and thought I would post a picture of the ridiculously simple way I do it. Y'all probably already know this, but I have never seen anyone mention it. So here ya go:

18'x 52" Intex Ultra Frame AG pool
    7100 gallons
    1600 Intex sand filter
    TF-100 test kit
    BBB method for four seasons
    Former 18' Easy Set owner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Easy Aeration

Shhh! Don't give away ALL the secrets

Kidding... but when my water level is high enough above my return to aim the jet up to aerate, this is what I do too
    Summer Escapes 15'x42" AGP, Intex 14" sand filter, Intex SWG

3. Back To Top    #3

I would never attempt that if there are children about. I see a swampy yard in the making.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks Richard. Yes absolutely! I also have a rubber bungee cord holding it in place. It's solid as long as nobody deliberately pulls it down.
    7100 gallons
    1600 Intex sand filter
    TF-100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

THANK YOU for posting this!!!! I was sitting here about to pull my hair out trying to figure out how to add some air since I'm not exactly a building whiz. I kept thinking internal instead of looking external at the pump and 2" hose still sitting on my deck lol!!!
    33' round x 54" AG 30,000gals
    Hayward Power Flo Matrix 1.5 hp
    Hayward Perflex Extended Cycle D.E. filter
    Chlorine/Printed vinyl liner/Erected '08
    St. Louis, Missouri area out in the woods down by a river!!

6. Back To Top    #6

Hey Livinright, this is an off topic question....but is that a power grid (tower) right beside your backyard? I only ask because I live in a more rural part of NC and I have never seen one of those that close to a home before. I know that California is more populated than we are but I was just curious!
    18x52 Ultra Frame with 1600 gph sand filter and intex skimmer

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Carolina
    Hey Livinright, this is an off topic question....but is that a power grid (tower) right beside your backyard? I only ask because I live in a more rural part of NC and I have never seen one of those that close to a home before. I know that California is more populated than we are but I was just curious!
    Hey CC,

Yes indeed. Southern California Edison's finest towers

They're a bit ugly to look at, but here in the dense Los Angeles area they provide a much enjoyed 200' break between my back yard and the guys behind me.

Hope your summer is going well!

Jim
    7100 gallons
    1600 Intex sand filter
    TF-100 test kit