Just dumb! Wrong type of Bleach = cloudy water!!!

I'm in the twilight zone! You would never think, I've operated this pool for 17 years! :?:

Maybe it wasn't all about the bleach! I just pulled the auto cleaner out of the pool and it was jammed with DE media. The filter isn't working right! Did they put it in wrong? What am I dealing with? :shock:

Do I vacuum to waste? Do I run it with more DE? I'll call the pool guys tomorrow.for tonight, i shut it down. i would like to have an idea why the DE might be returning into the pool. I back washed this morning to make sure the filter was clear and put in three orange pails of DE...think they are each two pounds. This is what I put in my last Pentair 48. I used the auto cleaner over the weekend and it ddn't pick up any DE. Just today, following my first backwash with this new filter. :|

I never got a manual for the new filter. I'll check it out online.

Thoughts, please.... :wave:

duraleigh said:
You get reduced help when you post in different threads. Responders will seldom look up your old threads or even follow a link.....you just get skipped. Keep your info under one thread so we can easily see your whole "story".

Dave,

Just saw this advice/warning while reading this post. I understand your thinking but different forums have different guidelines. It would be helpful if you put stated your guideline in the "Read This BEFORE You Post" section. My first post was very long because I was setting up my pool and had lots of questions. I got a few helpful responses but they addressed a couple points within my long original post. Therefore I created a few separate posts - breaking up the topics - thinking more forum users would read a shorter post on a specific topic and then respond to that point accordingly. Really like the site and it has been VERY helpful. Going forward I'll minimize using new topics unless its on a completely separate topic. I'll start off by searching the "Your Posts" section to continue a previous discussion.

Lrooth said:
Remember, we northerner's only have 12 weeks to swim. Subtract bad weather and then have milky water, or equipment problems loose us another couple weeks and it can make a pool owner very sad and frustrated.

I can't tell you what a difference TFP has made in my ability to be patient and roll with the issues. Thanks! You are terrific!

This.

We have probably had two maybe three "good swims" the entire time we have had our pool open since school let out in June. Seriously. First we had endless problems - no thanks to Pool Story. This week we got the pool clear (and a/c in car charged) - and the temps in NE Ohio dropped to the mid-60's!

School starts in a few more weeks and past practice has shown we could basically close our pool after Labor Day.

Based on what we've spent so far this year, it works out to nearly $300 per swim.

I hope it all clears up for your Lucy. Thanks for sharing your experience. It helps me know what to look out for because I could have easily made that same mistake (or something similar which I probably will!) :)

If you are getting DE into the pool, it would make it cloudy.

Have you opened the filter body and checked your grids to see if you have a torn or blown grid? I would think if you turn off the pump the DE would settle and you could vacuum to waste. You could vacuum to the filter if it were not blowing it back into the pool.

Glad to report my pool water has been sparkling and stable for over three weeks. I am finally over this years very troublesome startup. POP, pool operator patience, as this site recommends, worked.

Clorox is great....add a jug every other day. Chemistry has been stable....beautiful, inviting water that has dancing diamonds in it!

Techguy, The cloudiness was caused by DE in the pool.... Filter elements were not seated properly.

Six weeks to swim, then closing!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.