Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex adapter question??

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex adapter question??

Has anyone tried this?

I cut this from the end of an old Intex hose just where the flexable part starts. Its and exact fit for a 1 1/2" PVC coupler. I then used the purple cleaner and pvc glue to glue it inside the coupler.

It's been holding with no drips for 3 days now but I was just wondering if this had been tried and what were the results?

8 year old Intex 16 x 48 metal frame - Intex 1600 Pump with 14" sand filter - Intex Old Style SWG (ladder broke and poked huge hole in the side)

New 18 x 48 Ultra frame Intex - Intex 2650 pump with sand filter - Intex Old Style SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex adapter question??

What kinda pump is that attached too?
    15'x4' Metal Frame Intex 3yo (2nd year winterized) 16" 2650gph intex sand filter, Thru wall skimmer, dual inlet/single outlet, 1000gph intex pump (heater) Solar Cover TF-100 testkit, TFPC

3. Back To Top    #3

Is hooked up to an Intex 14". I believe they call it a 1600 model

8 year old Intex 16 x 48 metal frame - Intex 1600 Pump with 14" sand filter - Intex Old Style SWG (ladder broke and poked huge hole in the side)

New 18 x 48 Ultra frame Intex - Intex 2650 pump with sand filter - Intex Old Style SWG

4. Back To Top    #4

Wow, very creative! I have never seen anyone do that trick yet. My only concern would be that the Intex hose and PVC are different types of plastics, and the glue was formulated for PVC. Hopefully it will hold.

FYI, they make special glues for bonding "dissimilar" plastics, but you usually won't find them at Home Depot, etc...

In your case there is not really a lot of pressure, but mostly volume, so hopefully it will be OK. But I would keep a wary eye on that connection for awhile.

I hope it works!
    18'x 52" Intex Ultra Frame AG pool
    7100 gallons
    1600 Intex sand filter
    TF-100 test kit
    BBB method for four seasons
    Former 18' Easy Set owner

5. Back To Top    #5

That is what I was wondering about...Thank you for the reply. I was thinking the top part of the Intex hose was PVC but not very thick. I will watch it for sure