Clarification on bleach %

da-waterboy

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 6, 2013
Acme PA
Ok so may be a dumb question and maybe I am reading into "available" chlorine too much butttttt.... The Walmart bleach says sodium hypochlorite 8.25%... Other ingredients 91.75%.... Yields 7.86% available chlorine. So my question is what are we supposed to be putting in pool calculator for strength? 7.86% or 8.25%????!

Also it says 121oz = 182oz for super concentrated on the bottle. Should we put 121oz in calculator or 182oz. ??

Thanks

8.25% is the only input you need as that determine the number of oz required. The jug size is just used to fill in the white box at the top when you put the mouse over the output (I never look at that).

They claim that the 8.25% @ 121 oz is the same as the 6% @ 182 oz ... but in reality they are saving money on shipping costs, charging us the same amount of money and providing about 8.5% less chlorine ... :grrrr:

To get the same amount of chlorine would be 132 oz of 8.25%.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.