Just starting out and need help!

Jun 23, 2013
My husband didn't close the pool last year, we had a huge mess this year. Tons of leaves and debris. We have got the pool clean, no leaves and no algea but our water is the color of blue kool aid. what should we be doing?

FC- 0 we keep adding at night and its gone by mid day

PH 7.2

TA 160

CH 100

Sounds like you need to follow the shock process, which is linked to in my signature. In order to properly do that, you will need to know your CYA level. This means that you will need a better test kit, which is also linked to in my signature.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!! :wave:

As John said, we need more information. Specifically what your CYA level is ... this is like sunscreen to protect the chlorine from the sun. If it is zero, then losing all the FC during the day is expected. To learn more read this and the rest of Pool School: pool-school/pool_water_chemistry

You should seriously invest in one of the Recommended Test Kits

Also, Please add your pool details and location as described HERE to your signature as it will help us help you.

Welcome!

Looks like the guys covered it. Please get back to us on that CYA level so you can help us help you! :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.