Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just starting out and need help!

1. Back To Top    #1

Just starting out and need help!

My husband didn't close the pool last year, we had a huge mess this year. Tons of leaves and debris. We have got the pool clean, no leaves and no algea but our water is the color of blue kool aid. what should we be doing?

FC- 0 we keep adding at night and its gone by mid day

PH 7.2

TA 160

CH 100
    11500 gal 16x24 kayak pool, vinyl liner, Hayward sand filter. western Pa,

2. Back To Top    #2

Howell, NJ

Re: Just starting out and need help!

Sounds like you need to follow the shock process, which is linked to in my signature. In order to properly do that, you will need to know your CYA level. This means that you will need a better test kit, which is also linked to in my signature.
    7 year old ~13,500 gal 24' AGP with 1.5 hp Proline pump, 150 sqft Pleatco cartridge, filled with well water with pH of about 4.5.
    Wanda the Whale pool vacuum, home made heater, Taylor K-2006
    Cloudy Pool? 1) Order test kit. 2) Follow SLAM
    New to TFPC? Read Pool School a few times, then post questions. PoolMath will help with chemical additions.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tucson, AZ

Welcome to TFP!!!

As John said, we need more information. Specifically what your CYA level is ... this is like sunscreen to protect the chlorine from the sun. If it is zero, then losing all the FC during the day is expected. To learn more read this and the rest of Pool School: pool-school/pool_water_chemistry

You should seriously invest in one of the Recommended Test Kits

Also, Please add your pool details and location as described HERE to your signature as it will help us help you.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4
    SW PA

Looks like the guys covered it. Please get back to us on that CYA level so you can help us help you!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter