Automation help?

psanko

Jun 24, 2013
Hi all,
I am new to the forum and can't find something on this (but I imagine this has been covered a number of times and I just can't find it). I want to install an automation system. I currently have a Intellipro variable pump, 2x Intellibrite color led lights, Intellichlor salt generator, and an Ultratemp Heat Pump (I guess I am addicted to Pentair). The pool is about 25,000 gunite with no attached spa.

I simply want to be able to control the lights, temp, and pump from my iPhone/tablet. Eventually, I may put in a water feature or two but not currently. I think all I need is an IntelliTouch Load Center, Screen Logic2 Interface, Intellitouch EasyTouch Connection Kit, and an IntelliTouch Personality Kit (i5+3).

Wondering if 1. This is correct and all I need and 2. If this is the right way to go or should I be looking for something else. :?
-Paul

I can't really help you with your endeavors but wanted to welcome you to TFP.

If you could, it'd be greatly appreciated, if you could fill out your signature with your pool specs and put your location in your signature. It helps us help you. :cool: You can do that by using your Control Panel at the top left screen. :wink:

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!! :wave:

You are definitely going to want to stick with a Pentair system to better interface with the pump and SWG ... whether what you describe is correct, I am not sure {there is a 3rd party alternative to the ScreenLogic, although I think it is backordered}

Out of curiosity, why does everyone like to control these things from their phone? I considered it for the "cool factor", but Hayward is not as easy as Pentair, and it was definitely not worth the $500+ extra to make it wireless. If I am already by the pool, I can walk over and push a button or turn a valve pretty easily.

Thanks Jason,
In my case, I haven't really figured out my landscape lighting and mainly want to turn the lights on from the house. That means either a wall unit or wireless. The wireless just seems more convenient and I don't have to buy yet another "screen" if I integrate it into the iPhone/iPad. Also, it would be nice to be able to turn a heater up/off remotely (for example, before I head home from work...not that the heat pump will work that fast or anything).
-Paul

Good points.

Hopefully someone will be able to confirm exactly what you need. I think there are a few threads on this that talk specifically about the components you would need to have ... not sure where, so I will leave the searching to you ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.