New Here..

Jun 24, 2013
Hi! I live in NC we use well water. Our pool has 18,300 gallons and is an above ground with vinyl liner. We have a sand filter
We had extremely cloudy pool and an awful chlorine demand. We finally got the demand under control. It was so cloudy you couldn't see the 3rd step. It was a blue white cloudy. Well we flocked this weekend and now the pool is crystal clear.

I took a sample to the pool store and here are the readings
FC: 10.56
CC:0
PH: 7.8 (added 2.5 lbs ph decreaser per pool store)
TA:106
CH: 346
CYA: 100

The cya was around 120 before we drained part of the pool and refilled. We are limited on the amount we can drain and refill at a time due to the well. We are going to start the liquid chlorine so we don't add more cya to the water.

We have been pool stored. Are we on the right track or what do we need to do?

The pool store said it was ok just not recommened to swim with high chlorine. But when I looked at the CYA chart we are in the middle where ideal would be 12. Is it safe to swim in? I have 3 kids ( 12, 9, and 7)

Thanks

Your CYA/Chlorine ratio is safe to swim in, although you should really consider another partial drain/refill as you will be adding a lot of chlorine over the summer if you don't get it down to atleast 50.

We are going to be working on getting it down by draining some each month, just can't do another big drain. The pool is in Full sun all day so I read we can have a level of 80 i think.

How much and at what level do we shock?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.