Bad idea? Drain pool to fix wrinkles

Jun 24, 2013
I just paid a lot of money to a pool contracter to get my pool bottom repaired a new liner put in. Unfortunately the liner has some wrinkles (and it's full of water now). My installer wants to drain the pool at the end of the season (September), hook back up the vacuums, and fix the wrinkles, at his expense.

I know I've read before that messing with the liner after it's stretched out is a bad idea, but wanted to get the opinion of the group here. As far as I know, there is nothing that can be done about the wrinkles with the water in.

Thanks,
--Michael

Sounds like you found a pretty good contractor there ... although I assume you still have to pay for the refill water and the chemicals required to rebalance.

The fear of draining is for liners that are many years old and maybe getting stiff.

Good to know, thanks.

He also mentioned pulling back the liner and adding vermiculite to smooth out some rough areas, is that still ok in this situation? Also note, he won't be doing this until the end of September, so I'm concerned about outside temperatures, which may be around 70 degrees at the time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.