Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: MagicStream Laminars

1. Back To Top    #1

MagicStream Laminars

I am wondering if anyone has these installed and if they think they are worth it?
    If you have them, would you get them again if you did things over?

I am just not sure if these would just be a novelty ?

Thanks for your time.

Cheers!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: MagicStream Laminars

I would like to have these installed but would have to be retrofitted. I wonder if it could be done and still maintain my warranty.
    For me it isn't so much a novelty as they are just cool. Synch these with your playlist and watch the magic.
    Pool by Shasta Pools in Phoenix, AZ
    Pentar Sand Filter
    Heliocol Pool Solar Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

I have been running 3 for the last month. They are awesome at night. If you turn them up(7' arc), they can get quite loud. This can be a good thing if you are trying to drown out road noise/ neighbor mowing lawn etc. pentair site has a good video on them. The install is quite extensive they are much larger than you expect, but they are a site to behold when they are running.
    11K gal, fiberglass, 1 HP Hayward tristar pump, cartridge filter, Aqua Plus SWG, 3 MagicStream Laminars

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the input guys. I gave it some thought and decided not to get them.

5. Back To Top    #5

sorry to chime in late, I have 4 of them and they are great! If you do get them, plumb them so you have the option of turning them on/off separately without having to turn off your other water features.
    21000 Gal 36x18 IG saltwater pool with swim-up bar, grotto, and hot tub time machine. 3 Pentair Intelliflo VS pumps, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 520, Intellichlor SWG, Pentair 400k BTU Mastertemp Heater, Pentair Easytouch 8 with remote, 4 Pentair Laminars, Pentair Intellibrite and 4 globrites. Party on Wayne!!!! Pool is OPEN!!! GO SUN DEVILS!!!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by gumby6506
    sorry to chime in late, I have 4 of them and they are great! If you do get them, plumb them so you have the option of turning them on/off separately without having to turn off your other water features.
    Thanks for sharing your opinion. We have gunite scheduled for tomorrow, so its too late now.
    Glad to hear that you are enjoying them. I am sure someone else will find this info useful.