Help me figure this out

rhumbaclave

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 9, 2011
Everything this summer has been pretty smooth until today :( . My water has been crystal clear with many parties and pretty much swimming everyday. I have had the IC40 cranked up to %50 while we have been having lots of groups over to swim. Yesterday was the first day we havent swam in a while. Today I took off the solar cover to a very cloudy pool. So I got out my TF100 and here are my shocking results.

FC .5
CC 0
TC .5
PH 6.7!
TA 130!
CYA 50

Temp 87

What should I do first!

How do you have low pH with a SWG? Have you been adding a LOT of acid or have very acid tap water?

TA is what it is, certainly not high priority.

You need to get some FC in the water and raise the pH back into the 7s ... both are pretty high priority and can be done within an hour of each other.

I have not added acid in a month. Our water is city water so I can't imagine it causing this, but perhaps. We have had some ash from Forrest fires, but I thought that would raise the ph?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.