Vacuum Recommendations?

Aug 13, 2012
This is our second year with our 14'x48" intex ultra frame. All went well last year until the end of the season when we had a mustard algae problem which I could not resolve for anything. Luckily the season was basically over and we emptied the pool, cleaned it, and put it away.

I have two somewhat related questions.
1. Now that I have algae-phobia, is there a preventative out there that I can use in addition to chlorine and shock?

2. Can anyone recommend a good vacuum for these types of pools? I had the one that attaches to the garden hose, but I don't like adding all that cold water every time I vacuum.

I'm not an expert, but it seems to me that if you are keeping your chlorine level where it needs to be, then algae is very unlikely to be a problem. Perhaps others will advise of a situation where algae could grow in a well chlorinated environment. I'll defer to their expertise.

As to the vacuum, I'll assume that you have the standard Intex 1500 pump that uses the round paper filters. If so, then simply buy an Intex vacuum kit that comes with everything you need. Yes, there are other, and perhaps better systems. But for the money the Intex kit will serve you well and is designed to work with what you already have.

I used an Intex vacuum on my 18' Easy Set pool for four years, and am now using a new one on my 18' Ultra Frame. It works just fine.

Here's a link to give you an idea:
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Inte...=52255417991&gclid=CLyHhJ6-_bcCFQSCQgod2kwAqQ

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.