Quick question

Munch

May 30, 2008
Upstate South Carolina
I am wondering if the water will turn clear even if I don't vacuum the bottom. I have been using a leaf rake to dredge the bottom and the net would be completely full of sludge at first but I don't really get much at all now. I tried vacuuming this morning but it plugged up the filter after about 4 minutes. I don't want to vacuum to waste as all the backwashing from the conversion to CL has flooded my yard and turned the area around the pool in to a mud pit and I think my neighbors yard may be starting to flood as well. I am just hoping the water will turn clear whether I vacuum the bottom or not so I can use the rake some more or the yard will dry up enough to vacuum to waste by then. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance.

You don't have to get all the sludge out, but getting it out can significantly speed up your conversion. Chlorine will break it all down eventually. Anything you can physically remove means less chlorine to finish the conversion.

Munch said:
I am wondering if the water will turn clear even if I don't vacuum the bottom. I have been using a leaf rake to dredge the bottom and the net would be completely full of sludge at first but I don't really get much at all now. I tried vacuuming this morning but it plugged up the filter after about 4 minutes. I don't want to vacuum to waste as all the backwashing from the conversion to CL has flooded my yard and turned the area around the pool in to a mud pit and I think my neighbors yard may be starting to flood as well. I am just hoping the water will turn clear whether I vacuum the bottom or not so I can use the rake some more or the yard will dry up enough to vacuum to waste by then. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance.

Be careful that you don't cut the liner!!

poolpsycho said:
Munch said:

Be careful that you don't cut the liner!!

How's he going to cut the liner? The leaf rake he's referring to isn't a broom rake like what you'd rake your yard with - it's a specific type of net you use to get leaves out of the bottom of the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.