Intex SF15110 Pump

kf4yag

Jul 30, 2012
Holden Beach, NC
I have had my pool since last summer (june 2012). Intex has replaced two SW generators (which each died after 2 weeks) and now my pump has quit. The motor just hums when turned on as if something is stuck in the impeller. Anyone with ideas, suggestions, or who has experienced same problems and found a solution, please reply.

Have you checked the impeller for blockage? Make sure the pump is off when you do this. Also, I am not sure about the intex motors, but with most pool pump moters you can remove the back cover and turn the motor shaft to free it up.

I have checked the impeller. It seems to be the capacitor. Motor will turn with assistance on start up, but will not start on it own, only hums. And as with all intex stuff, I am having a very hard time finding a capacitor with same specs.

ANy ideas?

Intex actually replaced the pump under warranty. I had to find my original purchase receipt, but no other hassel then that. IT was 365 days to the day when the pump quit, so i can say they actually honor their 1 year warranty. All is working well for now.

As far as the capacitor, I replaced it, old pump ran about 1 hour, creating new noises as it did. I figured it had to be more then the capacitor.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.