Weeping Gunite - waiting for plaster in McKinney

TxALH

Mar 11, 2013
McKinney, TX
We started our IG gunite pool build on April 23. We've been waiting for plaster since June 7 but are having issues with groundwater so they won't plaster it. We are in Texas, so it's mostly hot and dry (close to 100 degrees daily these past couple of weeks). We do have new landscaping and sod already in so we have to water enough to keep that alive but not too much to create a bigger groundwater problem. I clearly understand not being able to plaster a wet surface...but I'm about to lose it! Not only do we not have plaster, but the pool company also has our last draw - it was due the day before plaster - which was June 6th - but obviously plaster on June 7th never happened. The plaster company is now telling me that it could take months to dry up. :hammer: Does anyone have experience with a weeping pool?

I had a similar problem, had to wait approx 2 months for it to be dry enough. They did drill about 4 holes through the pool wall to aid in draining, then filled them with hyd cement right before they pebbled, there were still some damp spots but no running water. Not sure what difference there is between pebble tech and plaster.

Yes, they drilled those holes in our wall too. It appears that area on the wall has dried up. We are weeping from a hole in the floor...it's located in about the middle of the pool floor -- fills with water and drips down into the deep end. We scoop all the water out of it and in about 30-45 minutes it fills again.

It's a miracle - we finally got plaster! They plastered us a couple of days ago...apparently the PB pushed the Plaster company "to take all measures necessary to dry up the pool and get it plastered". Not sure why we couldn't do that 3 weeks ago...still don't understand that. Pool is now plastered and full and they turned on the equipment yesterday.

Woody415 - we used Foley Pools. Despite this little snafu, I really have great things to say about them. They built us a beautiful, quality pool. I will have to post some pics soon.

TxALH said:
It's a miracle - we finally got plaster! They plastered us a couple of days ago...apparently the PB pushed the Plaster company "to take all measures necessary to dry up the pool and get it plastered". Not sure why we couldn't do that 3 weeks ago...still don't understand that. Pool is now plastered and full and they turned on the equipment yesterday.

Woody415 - we used Foley Pools. Despite this little snafu, I really have great things to say about them. They built us a beautiful, quality pool. I will have to post some pics soon.

Who did foley use for plastering? I am thinking of going to the for a renovation. I was wondering if it was Wylie plaster.

TxALH said:

Pictures..........we're waaaaaitiiiiinnnng. :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.