Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Weeping Gunite - waiting for plaster in McKinney

1. Back To Top    #1

Weeping Gunite - waiting for plaster in McKinney

We started our IG gunite pool build on April 23. We've been waiting for plaster since June 7 but are having issues with groundwater so they won't plaster it. We are in Texas, so it's mostly hot and dry (close to 100 degrees daily these past couple of weeks). We do have new landscaping and sod already in so we have to water enough to keep that alive but not too much to create a bigger groundwater problem. I clearly understand not being able to plaster a wet surface...but I'm about to lose it! Not only do we not have plaster, but the pool company also has our last draw - it was due the day before plaster - which was June 6th - but obviously plaster on June 7th never happened. The plaster company is now telling me that it could take months to dry up. Does anyone have experience with a weeping pool?
    IG/Gunite with Quartz interior; 16,400 gallons; 3'6"x6' depth; OK flag coping; Sun Deck decking; tanning bed w/2 gushers; spa with double cut spillway; Pentair Intelliflo 3050 vs+svrs; Pentair 400K NG heater; Nature 2 Fusion sanitation; 60 sq ft DE filter; pentair easy touch 4 wireless; polaris cleaner; 1-500 watt pool light & 1-100 watt spa light; 23' waterline boulders with weeping wall.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Weeping Gunite - waiting for plaster in McKinney

I'm sorry I don't, but it is another lesson for me on negotiating draws on a pool contract. That agrravates me, and I can only imagine how frustrating this must be.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

I had a similar problem, had to wait approx 2 months for it to be dry enough. They did drill about 4 holes through the pool wall to aid in draining, then filled them with hyd cement right before they pebbled, there were still some damp spots but no running water. Not sure what difference there is between pebble tech and plaster.
    DONE, 20 x 40, inground gunite, 30" raised bond beam with 3 12" sheer descents, 8' diving board, pentair 420 cartridge filter, vs-3050 pump, intellechlor ic-40, auto cvr, Tahoe blue pebble tech, 6ea 4' x 12.5' & 2ea 1' x 12.5' helicol solar panels, legend robotic cleaner.

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes, they drilled those holes in our wall too. It appears that area on the wall has dried up. We are weeping from a hole in the floor...it's located in about the middle of the pool floor -- fills with water and drips down into the deep end. We scoop all the water out of it and in about 30-45 minutes it fills again.
    IG/Gunite with Quartz interior; 16,400 gallons; 3'6"x6' depth; OK flag coping; Sun Deck decking; tanning bed w/2 gushers; spa with double cut spillway; Pentair Intelliflo 3050 vs+svrs; Pentair 400K NG heater; Nature 2 Fusion sanitation; 60 sq ft DE filter; pentair easy touch 4 wireless; polaris cleaner; 1-500 watt pool light & 1-100 watt spa light; 23' waterline boulders with weeping wall.

5. Back To Top    #5

Who is your pool builder?

6. Back To Top    #6

It's a miracle - we finally got plaster! They plastered us a couple of days ago...apparently the PB pushed the Plaster company "to take all measures necessary to dry up the pool and get it plastered". Not sure why we couldn't do that 3 weeks ago...still don't understand that. Pool is now plastered and full and they turned on the equipment yesterday.

Woody415 - we used Foley Pools. Despite this little snafu, I really have great things to say about them. They built us a beautiful, quality pool. I will have to post some pics soon.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by TxALH
    It's a miracle - we finally got plaster! They plastered us a couple of days ago...apparently the PB pushed the Plaster company "to take all measures necessary to dry up the pool and get it plastered". Not sure why we couldn't do that 3 weeks ago...still don't understand that. Pool is now plastered and full and they turned on the equipment yesterday.

Woody415 - we used Foley Pools. Despite this little snafu, I really have great things to say about them. They built us a beautiful, quality pool. I will have to post some pics soon.
    Who did foley use for plastering? I am thinking of going to the for a renovation. I was wondering if it was Wylie plaster.
    ~15K gal, IG gunite with new Wetedge Satin Matrix Pebble Finish installed mid 04/14, 1 HP Pentair Challanger pump, Sta-rite System 3 300 sqft cartridge filter, G3 cleaner

8. Back To Top    #8

I think it was called Plaster Pros

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by TxALH

Pictures..........we're waaaaaitiiiiinnnng.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem