Brand new Hayward Max-Flo VS making squeaking noise

Jun 18, 2013
Kennesaw, Ga
I just installed (3 days ago) a brand new Hayward Max Flo VS pump. The pump is great and I love the ability to adjust the water flow on a whim. Here is my issue I noticed this morning when I went to turn the pump on. When the pump first starts it has a slight squeak for about 5 seconds. It does it as it ramps up from 0 rpm through about 800 rpm then stops and sounds perfectly normal. It also does it when you shut it down but it only does it for about 2 seconds on shutdown. The squeak is not that loud but you can hear it. I am trying to find out if this is normal for the variable flow pumps or if I need to contact Hayward for this issue.

Thanks

Thanks Bama for the quick reply. I am going to see how it goes over the next couple of days. I added 11 bags of salt to the pool (in the shallow end, not the skimmer) yesterday and it started making the sound shortly this morning. Not sure if they are connected but we will see.

Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.