An old hand and I fill this has taught me a lot(SWAMP PEPLE)

Bowlin

May 4, 2007
Kannapolis, NC
High all and just stopping in to say the first bang was good as in went from a dark green to a lot lighter green. Kept at it all day Saturday and Sunday but still green and still cant see bottom. So I am loosing PATIENCE yet again, so I figure I have still debris at bottom but can see bottom. I have used the leaf rake, and even the leaf eater that uses water hose. I am still thinking there is more down there. Should I start to manually vacuum or continue with the shock method. Which by the way is getting real exspensive!!!

Numbers are
FC 14
PH 7.2
Alk 90
CYA 20

Should I triple shock, bring that 14 to around a 45 just the one time and see if that does anything, or continue with a 14?

Re: An old hand and I fill this has taught me a lot(SWAMP PE

Extremely high FC might be hard on your equipment. It's going to take time. The people I bought my house from let my pool go green, it took me a total of 3 weeks to get it completely cleared. And it was only light green.

You can jump up to mustard algae FC if you want to use more chlorine. :)

Re: An old hand and I fill this has taught me a lot(SWAMP PE

Vacuum blind if you have to. Everything you remove from the pool (the whole system, actually, if it's in the filter, it's still in the system) will save precious chlorine.

It didn't get that way in only a couple days, it won't clear in a couple days, either. This is like taking antibiotics - you take regular doses for days, you don't take the whole bottle at once.

Chlorine degrades in sunlight as a percentage, not a straight PPM. Tripling the FC means you'll lose 3X as much to sunlight if you do it as one major dose rather than as a steady feed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.