Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: An old hand and I fill this has taught me a lot(SWAMP PEPLE)

1. Back To Top    #1

Kannapolis, NC

An old hand and I fill this has taught me a lot(SWAMP PEPLE)

High all and just stopping in to say the first bang was good as in went from a dark green to a lot lighter green. Kept at it all day Saturday and Sunday but still green and still cant see bottom. So I am loosing PATIENCE yet again, so I figure I have still debris at bottom but can see bottom. I have used the leaf rake, and even the leaf eater that uses water hose. I am still thinking there is more down there. Should I start to manually vacuum or continue with the shock method. Which by the way is getting real exspensive!!!

Numbers are
    FC 14
    PH 7.2
    Alk 90
    CYA 20

Should I triple shock, bring that 14 to around a 45 just the one time and see if that does anything, or continue with a 14?
    My Pool:
    Foxx Pool Grecian style 19' X 39'
    27k, with a 300# sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Dallas, TX

Re: An old hand and I fill this has taught me a lot(SWAMP PE

Extremely high FC might be hard on your equipment. It's going to take time. The people I bought my house from let my pool go green, it took me a total of 3 weeks to get it completely cleared. And it was only light green.

You can jump up to mustard algae FC if you want to use more chlorine.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: An old hand and I fill this has taught me a lot(SWAMP PE

Vacuum blind if you have to. Everything you remove from the pool (the whole system, actually, if it's in the filter, it's still in the system) will save precious chlorine.

It didn't get that way in only a couple days, it won't clear in a couple days, either. This is like taking antibiotics - you take regular doses for days, you don't take the whole bottle at once.

Chlorine degrades in sunlight as a percentage, not a straight PPM. Tripling the FC means you'll lose 3X as much to sunlight if you do it as one major dose rather than as a steady feed.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!