Pool filter, hose, vacuum??

Jun 4, 2013
Hi! Fairly new here, been lurking a few weeks though and I have learned a lot of valuable information. This site is great! We bought an 18x48 Intex ultra frame pool last month and have had it set up since then. This is our first pool so we really did not know anything about pool maintenance. We wanted to start with the intex as a "starter/test" pool and plan to upgrade to an AGP in a couple of years. Since we have had the pool set up, the tests are good, water/chemicals are balanced, pool looks great and water is clear. However, we are still using the little 1500 pump that came with the pool and after reading several posts we are afraid that it just isn't going to cut it in the long run, not to mention the paper cartridge costs. So, we are upgrading to the 2650 gph intex sand filter pump. My question is, what type of vacuum and hose do we need to get? I have researched Amazon and read reviews and I'm still a bit unsure. We are using the vacuum that came with the pool right now, the one that hooks to the garden hose. But we want one that vacuums through the filter since we are upgrading. Recommendations or advice?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.