Wet Niche wiring Question

Jun 24, 2013
I just bought a home with a great pool that is wired and lit. The previous owner cut one of the lights out because he said he could pull the cord out. Well, yesterday I grabbed the cut light cord and the green AWG bond wire and pulled them out rather easily. I was abe to run a snake through the conduit from the j-box to the wet niche. Now the question/problem. The green AWG bond wire is about 80 feet long and I can get it back to the j-box, however, about 3 feet from the potted connection, the insulation has separated about a quarter inch, revealing the bare strands. The wire itself is perfect with no cuts strands so it looks like an issue when they were tugging on it. So my question is simply, can I seal the bare wire with something and be on my merry way or do I really have to drain, pull another wire and then pot again? It seems to me that there is no guarantee that the potted connection is waterproof so I really can't understand why i couldn't just seal the bare wire. I am not talking about a splice, which I know is a no-no.

Thanks for your help

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.