Solar blanket and running filter

Aug 12, 2011
Augusta, Kansas
We have the Intex 16x32 with a SWG and the horrible stock skimmer (next year we plan on doing the skimmer through the wall) but until then I have a question. Our solar blanket arrived and we built and installed the PVC holder this weekend. I like to run my pump 12 hours and the SWG about 4. When do I run the filter? With the blanket on will the skimmer just get clogged with blanket? Do I remove the skimmer?

I run our pump with the stock skimmer on. You can cut the cover to fit around the skimmer, but what I did was fold it back and then took a hanger that you get baby clothing on that has the two clips on the bottom that hold the pants (ones with no metal parts) and clipped that on the cover to hold it back. I put the hook part of the hanger on the side of the skimmer opposite the return so that it keeps the cover from spinning with the flow of the water. It works for keeping the cover out of the skimmer, but it does keep the skimmer from actually skimming stuff off the water that is trapped under the cover. If I plan on using the pool I try to take the cover off and hour or so early and run the pump to skim off any debris or just do it by hand if I don't want to wait that long.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.