Stain Removers?

Jun 3, 2013
Through the first part of ourfirst season, i've noticed some light brown stains developing on the floor of my vinyl liner. Mostly where organic material has settled and rested on the bottom for a day or two. I'm looking for the best method to remove them and i came across some pole end stain 'erasers'.

Has anyone had experience with those pole end stain erasers? Do they actually work?

Set one of your trichlor tablets on a stain for a few minutes. If it disappears, it's organic, and maintaining a slightly higher FC level than usual should bleach them out.

Have you studied Pool School? Or read any horror stories in the forums? A steady diet of trichlor will lead to astronomical CYA levels.

Yes, i have read pool school, and plan on switching to the BBB method right after i use up all the expensive trichlor i bought on some bad advice, before i knew any better. I can't stand to waste it. I did shock my pool with liquid chlorine about 2-3 weeks ago and some of the stains lightened, but didn't go away.

They appeared in the spring when the nearby Walnut tree in my neighbors yard was dropping fuzzy pollen chunks. Also, we have had a very wet spring here in St. Louis, MO and there have been LOTS of worms in the pool after every rain. The stains are kind of mottled and seem to be related to organic material. I'll give the puck test a try and I have some vit C tablets, so i'll try that test too.

Can leaving a puck or a sock of vit C on the liner for too long damage the liner?

Any experience with those stain eraser thingys?

Thanks for your help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.